Pregnency & Motherhood
Modern medicine improved the quality of pregnancy and prenatal care, without which many mothers and children did not survive pregnancy and child birth. Prenatal care is vital for the health of mother and child. The prenatal care includes,
- Good nutrition and health habits before and during pregnancy
- Frequent prenatal exams
- Routine ultrasounds to detect problems with the baby
- Routine screening for:
- Blood pressure problems
- Blood type problems (Rh and ABO)
- Genetic disorders
- Immunity to rubella
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Urine protein
The goals of prenatal care are to:Read More
- Monitor both the mother and baby throughout the pregnancy
- Look for changes that may lead to a high-risk pregnancy
- Explain nutritional requirements during and after pregnancy
- Explain activity recommendations or restrictions
- Discuss common pregnancy complaints such as morning sickness, backaches, leg pain, frequent urination, constipation, and heartburn and how to manage them, preferably without medications
- Give support to the pregnant woman and her family
Recent Forum Topics
Cocoa can help obese people fight diabetes
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:48 .admin
A new study has revealed that a few cups of hot cocoa may not only fight off the chill of a winter's day, but they could also help obese people better control inflammation-related diseases, such as diabetes.
Does Low Vitamin D Increase Type 1 Diabetes Risk?
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:36 .admin
Numerous studies have found an association between low levels of vitamin D and increased risk for type 1 diabetes, but researchers are still exploring whether low vitamin D is actually a cause of the disease.
Latest News on Pregnancy
- Pneumonia during pregnancy: What you need to know
- How deep is a vagina? What to know
- What causes nausea before a period?
- Why do I have a bitter taste in my mouth?
- What causes white vaginal discharge?
- Why do nipples become hard?
- Why do I have muscle spasms in my stomach?
- How do you do the baking soda gender test?