Elderly healthcare is the healthcare of older people. The branch of medicine which deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases in older people and the problems specific to aging is called Geriatrics. As one ages, there will be changes in the body and mind. Some of these changes could be normal with age, whereas few can serve as cautions for medical problems. It is important to observe these changes and know the difference to seek medical assistance.Read More
A healthy lifestyle can help one in overcoming the problems associated with aging and live a healthy cheerful life.
Recent Forum Topics
Cocoa can help obese people fight diabetes
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:48 .admin
A new study has revealed that a few cups of hot cocoa may not only fight off the chill of a winter's day, but they could also help obese people better control inflammation-related diseases, such as diabetes.
Does Low Vitamin D Increase Type 1 Diabetes Risk?
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:36 .admin
Numerous studies have found an association between low levels of vitamin D and increased risk for type 1 diabetes, but researchers are still exploring whether low vitamin D is actually a cause of the disease.
Latest Elderly Health News
- Study Links Moderate Drinking to Reduced Risk of Dementia
- As World's Population Ages, Blindness Rates Likely to Grow
- Generic Eye Drops for Seniors Could Save Millions of Dollars a Year
- High-Dose Flu Shot May Help Nursing Home Residents Avoid Hospital
- Better Diet, Longer Life?
- Living with Purpose May Help Seniors Sleep Soundly