Accidents happen when we least expect them. In such cases, it is important to know if it is necessary to go to the doctor. In some cases, you may be able to save someone's life while waiting for help to arrive.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is for people whose hearts or breathing has stopped and the Heimlich maneuver is for people who are choking. By learning how to handle the basic first aid, you could manage many day to day accidents like common injuries, cuts, scrapes and wounds.
It is important to have a first aid kit handy at home to be able to take care of minor injuries in case they should happen.
Recent Forum Topics
Cocoa can help obese people fight diabetes
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:48 .admin
A new study has revealed that a few cups of hot cocoa may not only fight off the chill of a winter's day, but they could also help obese people better control inflammation-related diseases, such as diabetes.
Does Low Vitamin D Increase Type 1 Diabetes Risk?
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:36 .admin
Numerous studies have found an association between low levels of vitamin D and increased risk for type 1 diabetes, but researchers are still exploring whether low vitamin D is actually a cause of the disease.
Latest News on First Aid
- IBD may be more aggressive in depressed patients
- High-intensity exercise safe, slows motor decline in Parkinson’s patients
- Man flu: Urban myth or scientific reality?
- 'We all hear voices in our heads,' but why? Study investigates
- The complex brain choreography of split-second decisions
- Executive dilemma: Opt for best cancer treatment or pick one that pays the most