Diet & Nutrition
Diet & Nutrition
Food is the most primary necessity for any living being. Your body is made up of what you eat. Nutritious food keeps your body fit and healthy. Nutritious diet consists of right levels of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals and water.
The optimum nutritional value in a diet can be achieved by,
- Combining a variety of foods, including vegetables, fruits and whole-grain products in the diet
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans and low-fat dairy products
- Drink lots of water
- Less intake of salt, sugar, alcohol, saturated fat and trans fat
There are five essential food groups, which includes
- Protein foods
- Proper balance of these groups is required to create a healthy diet.
Recent Forum Topics
Cocoa can help obese people fight diabetes
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:48 .admin
A new study has revealed that a few cups of hot cocoa may not only fight off the chill of a winter's day, but they could also help obese people better control inflammation-related diseases, such as diabetes.
Does Low Vitamin D Increase Type 1 Diabetes Risk?
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:36 .admin
Numerous studies have found an association between low levels of vitamin D and increased risk for type 1 diabetes, but researchers are still exploring whether low vitamin D is actually a cause of the disease.
Latest Diet and Nutrition News
- Vitamin D may decrease breast cancer risk, study reports
- How to use Epsom salt for constipation relief
- What are the signs of not eating enough?
- What to know about atrophic gastritis
- Red meat allergy may increase heart disease risk
- Low vitamin D levels may raise bowel cancer risk
- Is crab and other seafood safe to eat during pregnancy?