The uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells produces a cell mass called tumor which can be benign or malignant. Malignant tumors are cancerous. These cancerous cells invade other tissues nearby and spread the malignancy to other parts of the body. This process of spreading cancer to other tissues/organs is called metastasis.
Cancer can develop in almost any tissue/organ of the body like lungs, kidney, skin, bone, colon etc. There are more than 100 types of cancer.
There are many types of cancer for which the cause remains unknown. However, causes for cancer can be,Read More
- Exposure to benzene and other chemicals
- Drinking excess alcohol
- Environmental toxins, such as certain poisonous mushrooms and a type of poison that can grow on peanut plants (aflatoxins)
- Excessive sunlight exposure
- Genetic problems
Symptoms differ based on the type and location of the cancer. Some cancers do not develop any symptom until the cancer reaches the advance stage like in the case of pancreatic cancer. In certain types of cancers no symptoms are evident at all. However, some symptoms are commonly seen in most types of cancers
- Loss of appetite
- Night sweats
- Weight loss
Recent Forum Topics
Cocoa can help obese people fight diabetes
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:48 .admin
A new study has revealed that a few cups of hot cocoa may not only fight off the chill of a winter's day, but they could also help obese people better control inflammation-related diseases, such as diabetes.
Does Low Vitamin D Increase Type 1 Diabetes Risk?
Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 17:36 .admin
Numerous studies have found an association between low levels of vitamin D and increased risk for type 1 diabetes, but researchers are still exploring whether low vitamin D is actually a cause of the disease.
Latest News on Cancer
- New Cancer Drug Shows Promise Against Wide Range of Tumors
- Woman's Selfie of Skin Cancer Went Viral, Sparked Awareness
- Firefighters May Face Higher Odds for Skin Cancer
- Health Care Workers Mixed on Using Medical Marijuana in Kids
- Just a Little Weight Loss May Cut Breast Cancer Risk
- Repeat Infection Likely for Men With HPV
- Acupuncture May Ease Pain Tied to Breast Cancer Care
- For Breast Cancer Patients, Less Time on Hormonal Meds?